Sunday, April 17, 2022

How's your diet?



So, lately I've been thinking about my diet...

Am I eating the right foods?  What am I listening to on a regular basis?  Am I drinking good water?  How is the air that I'm breathing?  Is it of good quality?  

I was sitting on the couch tonight after eating a smoothie bowl that I made with:

Apple Juice (In Blender)
Orange Juice (In Blender)
Frozen Mixed Berries (In Blender)
Orgain Vanilla Protein Powder (1-scoop In Blender)
Better Body Foods Organic Superfood Blend (1-scoop In Blender)
Steel Cut Oatmeal (On Top Of Smoothie in bowl)
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (On Top Of Smoothie in bowl)
Walnuts (On Top Of Smoothie in bowl)

And as I was feeling good and refreshed and healthy and full of self-love because I put good things into my body, I thought...  "What is the definition of diet?"

And so, I looked it up and this is what I found on www.merriam-webster.com :

"diet

 noun (1)
di·​et |  \ ˈdī-ət   \

Definition of diet

 (Entry 1 of 4)

1afood and drink regularly provided or consumeddiet of fruits and vegetablesa vegetarian diet
bhabitual nourishmentlinks between diet and disease
cthe kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reasonwas put on a low-sodium diet
da regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weightgoing on a diet
2something provided or experienced repeatedlyTheir imaginations feverish from a diet of detective novels …— The New Yorkerheard a steady diet of excuses"
My favorite definition of the word is definition #2 which says, ":something provided or experienced repeatedly."

This definition led me to think further upon my diet and about the things that are provided to me by me or others for which I am able to experience repeatedly.  And more importantly, do I like what I am experiencing?

Is my diet good for my well-being?  

Does my diet benefit me Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically, Financially and Socially?  

Am I helping me to be my best self by consuming the right types of things in my everyday life?  And if not, what adjustments do I need to make?

Just a thought...

What about you?  How's your diet?

Leave me a comment below if you care... ❤️

I hope you're doing well and that life is treating you well.

Much Love, 

~Mo'




No comments:

Post a Comment