Monday, April 18, 2022

Passion, Purpose, Gifts and Talents... Hmm....



During my break from Work and Social Media I have given much thought to my God Given gifts, talents and abilities.

Some of you may know that I started promoting credit repair at the beginning of this year with a company called United Wealth Education (UWE) and I was going hard with it!  lol  And I was gaining momentum and BUILDING the business...

But as I was talking to different people and as I began to work with customers and prospects, I lost all desire to build the business and I didn't like that I lost that desire.  I felt awkward and like a quitter because I literally SHUT IT ALL DOWN.

I wasn't having fun and at this point in my life, I know what it is that I want and so I knew that I had somehow gotten off course.

Now, while I was building my Credit Repair Business I was also writing content for other Digital Marketers and writing has always been something that I love to do, so it comes very easy to me.

I absolutely love to express myself through written word and I am so blessed to be able to share my talent with other people who can also benefit from it!  It's the absolute best thing.

So what does all of this have to do with Gifts, Talents and Abilities you may be asking...

Well, as I sit and meditate on my future and I look at what is and what is to come and I course correct myself to align with the vision, "The Parable Of Talents" keeps coming to my mind: 



Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Talents 

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[b] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’"

I look at it like God is the Master and I am the servant, we are all the servants... and God has given us all certain gifts and talents to use in this world that will not only bless others, but also bless us!

As you can see from the parable, it was a trade.  The good and faithful servants traded with their talents and their talents were MULTIPLIED!

And so with the talents that God has given us, we are able to trade with them and our talents will be MULTIPLIED.  God will make them bigger, better, best and there is abundance and provision attached to that and all we have to do is bring our talents to the table.  Acknowledge them, use them, share them...  Not bury them deep down inside of us as if we are protecting something that was meant to be given away!

The problem that I have experienced in the past and that I believe a lot of people face is chasing passions, rather than sharing our talents and walking in purpose.  

I know for myself, I have had a strong passion for money and wealth for a long time.  Although I know in my heart that money is not what makes me "happy".  It's what comes with money that is desirable for me... The Freedom, The Respect...

Let's break down the word, "PASSION".  The definition is quite deep if you ask me...

passion

 
pas·​sion |  \ ˈpa-shən   \
plural passions

Definition of passion

1often capitalized
athe sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death
ban oratorio based on a gospel narrative of the PassionBach's St. Matthew Passion
2obsolete SUFFERING
3the state or capacity of being acted on by external agents or forcesmoldable and not moldable … and many other passions of matter— Francis Bacon
4a(1)EMOTIONhis ruling passion is greed
(2)passions plural  the emotions as distinguished from reasona study of the passions
bintense, driving, or overmastering feeling or convictionwith enough passion to make a great poet— W. B. Yeats
can outbreak of angera crime of passion
5aardent affection LOVEHe had never felt such passion for any woman but her.
ba strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or conceptpassion for chesspassion for opera
csexual desirea look of passion in her face
dan object of desire or deep interest"
Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/passion
I know everyone is like, "Follow your passion!" But I'm like, if Passion was a person they would definitely give me CREEP vibes.  It's like an intense desire, a yearning, a constant emotion that just won't go away.  

Passion would be someone I would have to check and tell them to chill out!  Passion is not all bad, but from reading the definition, it's definitely not all good either.  I'm just saying... 

Now, let's explore another word that comes to mind: PURPOSE 

I absolutely love the definition that Dictionary.com gives:

"purpose
noun

I highlighted my favorite definition of the word Purpose. :)

Doesn't spending time in PURPOSE seem much more peaceful than spending time in PASSION.

I would much rather spend my time living, breathing and being "the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc." than to spend my time as an "intense, driving or overmastering feeling or conviction".  That doesn't seem fun at all if you ask me!  lol

With all of this being said, I am putting aside my passions and deciding to focus more on exploring my purpose.  

May God bless the talents that he put inside of me and may God bless the talents that he has put into you and may they be MULTIPLIED.  IN JESUS' NAME.  Amen ❤️

P.S. Here's a cool video that I found about passion, purpose and talents to motivate and inspire you.

Leave a comment below if you want to chime in on the topic of Passion and Purpose.  Let me know what you think about your gifts and talents making room for you in your life and have you ever experienced it for yourself?

Much Love,

Mo' ❤️
~The WifeyMommyPrenuer





No comments:

Post a Comment